View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Worst downswing ever?

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't tell the whole story, but I think it helps keep you from starting to running down the road of playing bad if you are getting all-in lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I didn't mean to imply that it's useless; just that I don't think it's meant to be the final word, so to speak. The all-in luck tab with the net run (whatever the one line graph is) is - to me - very useful.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you run into the bad end of your opponent's range it is often hard to figure if you really are running into the bad range or perhaps your rangefinder is offkilter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also very valid. To expound: it still comes down to building a hand range based on what you know about the other guy. If you know the other guy will try and move you off boards that don't seem to fit the action, or the person will play draws (and not just monster draws) very aggressively, there's nothing you can do when you run into the time they have top set. But, if you're against an unknown, I think the natural inclination is to give them a range you want them to have, rather than a more reasonable range. I think this just gets exacerbated when you're in a downswing.

Hopefully that makes more sense than my initial post.