View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

Yeah the DB thing kind of sucks but I don't mind it. My DB's are always picking off passes. So I can't have it both ways. Basically get a lead, then start throwing a lot of Cover 2's in there. Spread the LB's wide and tighten up the DL. Force him to throw it (they probably already are b/c they're losing) and eventually he throws into a DB or LB.

Pretty much any DB I draft within the first three rounds turns into a 90+ within 2 years. Then they ask for more money and I trade them away for like a 1st and 2nd rounder. My whole goal in Madden Franchise is to create value. I'm about half-way though and I already found that I've traded so many good players away after making them good, that it makes the game more challenging for me. My owner profits are ridiculous though, because I trade players when they get too expensive and I RARELY renegotiate a hold-out. lol. In my current season, I'm 7 games in and I've already traded away such good players that in next seasons draft I get a 1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3. lol 10 picks in the first 96 draftees. And many of those picks are going to be the top 1-4 of the corresponding round. This will be the most ridiculous draft I've ever had though.

My complaint is when there is a fumble, my players almost NEVER seem to jump on the ball. They always recover their fumbles. Also, what's with the Challenges? They are ridiculous. The challenges go the CPU's way WAY more often than my way. And I'll go back and watch the replay to see if they got it right and it's absurd how wrong they get it sometimes.

Just stop wasting my time with these lame challenges and give the CPU the ball. Too much false hope!

EDIT: Another complaint. When trading, so many of the teams are capacity on their rosters, so instead of trading a stud for a 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounder. I have to drop the 4th rounder and select a crappy player to take in return. They are always like a 70 with 1 contract year left. But I'd obviously have the extra draft pick than some useless bum.