View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 PM

Default I make a silly play postflop, and try to justify it.....

So button is a 35/24 LAGTAG who is going to 3-bet me a ton with a pretty wide range (at least he as been this session). SB is pretty much a standard 48/12 LP.

On the flop I thought that a c/r looks strong against the LAGTAG since it is a protected pot once the SB calls, and since I am ahead of his range (pretty much ATC since he almost always defended his SB especially in m-way pots) if I can convince the LAGTAG to fold some hands that have me beat/have 6outs then I think I make $$$. Plus I can't profitably call down in a m-way pot, and I keep him from taking a free card with a hand like JTs or something on the turn.

On the river I bet hoping that the SB might fold a small pkt pair since the K works pretty well as a scare card for me.

I know this whole hand is probably stupid, and I expect to be told so, but I figured I would post it up and get berated anyway. FWIW I rarely do stuff like this, but figured it was worth discussing anyway.

Full Tilt Poker $8/$16 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (10.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.00 BB