View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: 200nl 6max DEEP- Raised flop NutFLushDraw facing 4 bet push!

[ QUOTE ]
I think saying that you should float the flop is a little results-based. Obviously, since our flop raise got over-shoved, of COURSE we shoulda just called the flop!

In general, I agree that you should feel okay about getting bet-3bai if you're going to raise the flop. But for the BIG push all-in, I think you HAVE to consider that his most likely holdings are sets and two pairs that don't want to see more cards on this board.

Given that you raised the flop (which is fine of course), I think folding is clearly better than calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with you on this. When we raise/fold this flop we are counting on him either folding or just calling most of the time. With this villain I don't think we can make that assumption. In fact I think his reaction to our raise is going to be almost completely shove/fold. So if we're raising it should be for value/to get the money in and not to fold to a raise. With shallower stacks I like raising and getting the money in. But since I'm not comfortable getting so much money in with just the bare nfd I think calling is much better. There are a lot of cards we can bluff with later on in the hand if villain shows weakness and if he does have a monster we'll get a decent chunk of his stackj if we hit our flush.