View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
FR game, 9 handed. all full stacks. early position fish limps, mp raises 5x and hes a tag, YOu hold AsQh, what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

We are in LP I assume? There are so many different classifications of TAGs, is he a more aggressive type? Does he actively isolate weak limpers? There are so many things about players that people don't consider enough...

Generally, I think we can give his range something like - ATo+, 22+, 89s+. If he is more agressive and isolates limpers regularly, I think we can expand that to include lots of Axs type hands as well as some suited one gappers 79s+.

Vs. that range I like a 3bet to around 3.5x to 4x his initial raise size. Vs. some opponents I'll sometimes coldcall and plan to raise lots of flops that I think they could see my range hitting. Plus, we can do things like float lots of flops and take pots away on turns.

Also, the type of limper that they are isolating has lots to do w/ my decision here whether I 3town or coldcall. For the most part, I'd say 85% of the time, I'm 3betting.

I'm pretty much never folding though, even vs the tightest and most straightforward of TAGs, simply because thier range of calling my 3bet is so narrow compared to what I can possibly be 3betting there, that its going to be very easy to play postflop vs them. ANd, they fold way to much preflop OOP to my 3bets.