View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Over-bet bluff shove...250bb deep.

i don't think you have to balance (in spots like this because they don't occur often imho, i hope you don't run 250bb bluffs all the time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) vs a tagfish regular anyway, he's not going to exploit you (by tightening up his calling range because you only valueshove) so why bluff?

either he calls too much and you should valueshove (and not bluff), or he folds enough and you should bluff (and not valueshove, although bluffsizing is another thing that can be discussed) ... i don't think you show down enough too make villain really change his calling range (and get enough opportunities to profit from that in the future)

imho tagfish regulars can't see the difference between a lot of spots ... no need to push here for metagame, just shoving your flushdraw+over on a flop where you have foldequity and he calls with top pair will give you the 'lol he's a maniac' image you want IMHO

*edit* i know that, theoreticly, our shoves here should always include a certain% of bluffs. but i think investing your time in figuring out what ratio of bluffs to valueshoves is optimal in a 250bb pot/spot like this vs a tagfish is an inefficient use of time