View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: PBP: Renton Theorem zohmygod

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i chose to think of goofball examples to catalyze a dialog where hopefully people would bring up more applicable examples.

I think a more appropriate example of a preflop situation would be that whenever you are facing a raise from a very tight player and you have position, you should pretty much never 3bet, even with AA/KK because you can't profitably 3bet a wide enough range. So even though its technically a mistake to let someone see a free flop with an inferior hand to AA, the good spots we create postflop by slowplaying makes up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also disagree here as well. you will have to incorporate some bluff element into your game on some street agianst any player, wether you choose to do it on the flop turn, or preflop is your porogative, but they are tight for a reason which means they wont defend their opens to some methodicaly light 3 betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so since he's raising a range of QQ+ AK, we should be 3betting him light? i don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

o well you didnt specify besides really tight player. someone who opens that tight you shouldnt 3 bet anything because you can play perfectly against that tight a range if you know thats what it is. but im talking about a player that accually exists in real life and not fantasy land =).

edit. i forgot in full ring that there are like 3 of these players in existant and none in 6max, lets spend lots of time discussing how to exploit them =)