View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

Situations vs. Stat.

Way to many SSNL players are concerned w/ the "big 3" stats. VPIP/PFR/AF. While these stats defiantly are important and can tell a lot about a player, they aren't the end all be all of a SSNL player.

Worry more about finding situations to up your VPIP and PFR, not just asking what hands should I play UTG?

Look for situations where u can isolate a weak limper w/ a raise. If the table is playing very passive, open up and start abusing them.

Again, I can't stress it enough, look for spots to be agressive or spots to be in more pots. Don't just try and do so because you heard that 14/10 style is ideal.

Poker is a situational game where we take in the information available to us and make the best decisions. Adapt to your situations, use your superior hand reading skills, make good sound plays, your PT #'s will show this.

Again, focus less on having pretty stats and more on playing sound good poker and finding situations where specific actions are appropriate.

Furthermore, VPIP/PFR/AF are not everything stats are to offer. Learn the importance of other stats such as WTSD, att to steal, etc.

Hopefully, this will get you thinking more about recognizing situations to do X action, moreso then doing so because well if I want my PT stats to be at Y point, I should do this.

Way to often people ask like "how to do I get to 15/12, or how do I up my agression" The answer is, become a better poker player and your stats will fall into line.