View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

Getting maximum value vs donks & not being a total pansy on turn and river.

There are sooooo many horrible players at SSNL, and these players are paying off w/ so many marginal hands...

You need to get comfortable trying to get 3 streets of value w/ lots of your hands vs these players.

This means, STOP CHECKING THE TURN THROUGH so much. People way to much at SSNL check the turn through under the guise of "pot control." The players are horrible for the most part, load up the bus to valuetown and maximize our profits.

Learn to bet the river more also, you need to learn to be valuetowning marginal hands on the river.

Lern how to hand read better, put your opponent on more accurate ranges, valuetown your hands vs those ranges. It's simple, yet so many players don't valuebet thin enough or near enough in general at SSNL.

I know this is broad and general... But all you need is to hear it once, then work on it on your own. So next session you play, look for more opportunity's to be getting maximum value from your hands.

Alternately, think of creative lines where you ca extract post flop more... Vs. bad players your concerns should be how do I get the most from my showdown worthy hand, not just how do I get to showdown.