Thread: Sicko Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Sicko Revisited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone in the US who NEEDS healthcare gets it. Just because they don't have a card with a number on it doesnt mean they don't get treated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose all that stuff which pops up when I google is communist propaganda then...

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON POST :

When Abdul Karim Chowdhury, 89, and his wife Zahida Banoo, 75, arrived from Bangladesh more than two years ago, they thought medical care would be easy to find. But, Chowdhury said, "Our perceptions changed." Not eligible for Medicare or other assistance, he said they often had to set aside their pride and plead for reduced medical fees -- until they started visiting the [free, Muslim-set up] clinic.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USA TODAY : As the Houston area struggles to deal with a rising tide of uninsured, it offers a lesson for the nation: Let the problem get out of hand — to a point where nearly 1 in 3 people have no coverage — and you won't just have a less healthy population. You'll have an overwhelmed health care system.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SCIENCE.BLOG :
National surveys reflect a growing perception that the United States' uninsured can obtain proper health care through various "safety net" facilities. Not true says a study led by Harvard Medical School researchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand that there is a difference between "proper care" and "need". If you want "proper care" meaning mammograms and routine physicals, pay for it by cutting your big mac consumption by 2/3rds for a month. You'll be healthier all around.