Thread: Sicko Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Sicko Revisited

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong because there are many people in Canada who do not have jobs, can not work due to medical illness or some other such reason, and all of these people get healthcare. They do not pay. I pay for them. Therefor, not everyone pays to go to the doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said "I find the idea of paying to go to a doctor to be ludicrous" this implies that you don't believe a doctor should be paid for his services. After reading your replies I believe that this wasn't your intention. However, even when someone who doesn't pay taxes (which I would bet is a very small percentage of the population) goes in to see the doctor the doctor is still being compensated. You seem to think that the doctor should be forced to treat every patient that walks through their doors because they have a "right" to health care. I think this is terrible because it amounts to slavery of medical doctors. There are no two ways about it in my mind.

[ QUOTE ]
I do disagree that healthcare through taxation is not benevolent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not benevolent because you are forcing people to pay for it. It sin't a case of "I'm giving this money to help you out of the goodness of my heart." The government is saying "We are going to take this money, squander part of it then pay for other random people's health services and if you resist then you are going to jail."