View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: FR Theory - stack sizes and how you should modify to them

Well I was waiting for a reply from miller, but he's taking awhile to respond, so I guess I'll respond now.

Sorry about accusing you of misquoting Miller. I didn't think he would say those things.

I'm still not convinced that you guarantee yourself an advantage by buying in short. In most cases, yes I agree you will have forced an advantage for yourself.

However, if I know that you have entered the pot or are still to act, and I tighten up my range to the point that I am not exploitable by your short stack, you cannot have an advantage over me.

I'm not saying that playing this way maximizes your EV. It might, but my intuition is that the correct thing to do would be to tighten your range up to somewhere between the optimal range against short stacks and the optimal range against deep stacks. A short stack would have a tiny advantage in this case.

The point I'm trying to make is that playing with a short stack does not guarantee you an advantage against deeper stacks. It goes against intuition, and I think I've proven it to be false.