View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just say that you want to play a deeper stack poker but you don't want to price anybody out. This way you can all play for the same money but have more maneuverability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the home game I play in is about the least sophisticated in the world. They don't care about deep stack poker and probably have no idea how to adjust. They are the type of people who watch the WSOP on ESPN and say "Wow, 1 million is a good bet" without any knowledge of effective stack sizes, pot size, etc. 40BB is already deep enough for them (I'm sure they don't think about the game in terms of BB anyways). This justification is meaningless to them.

As I said a few posts ago, GoodP and myself simply said we are lowering the stakes, period (in a nice way, of course).

[ QUOTE ]
It's not your responsibility to parent everybody, and to change the entire game because of one person is rather absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. But this is a small home game (almost never more than 8 players) and the guilt of 3 of the players (GoodP, my gf and me) is getting in the way of having a good time.

Should a bartender feel guilty about selling expensive liquor to an alcoholic whose financial situation is crumbling because he cannot control his addiction? It depends on the one's own moral values.

In my case, I feel guilty about taking a ton of money from LAGP when he cannot afford it... I can't help this feeling. So I decided to act on my guilt.