View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Bankroll beginnings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
basic math:

600 hands/hour
6 hours day (+ 2 hours study/improving your play)
20 days/month
11 months (vacation)

= 70k hands/month or 770k hands/year

4ptbb/100 at nl200 = 16$/100

= 11 200$/month
= 123 200 $/year (pre taxes)

and this excludes rakeback which is like 1ptbb/100? so 2800$ RB/month or 30 000$ RB/year, but using rakeback to build your bankroll so you can move up seems like a good idea

this seems a realistic work schedule and totally discounts the fact that you will get a lot better when you work on improving your play 2h/day in addition to playing for 6 hours ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Except how often do you actually see posters who report these kind of results at SSNL? Not saying it's impossible -- it isn't but most people either get sick of poker or don't maintain that work ethic.

Not being a hater, but really how often do we see fgator-lik e number of hands @ 200nl w/ 4ptbb/100?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't it possible that's because the people that do have the work ethic to play 6 hours a day and study for 2 more crush the games and move up?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. But I think most people get sick and tired of playing so much poker. I know I did. It's def. possible, but I just think most people are underestimating how boring and unsatisfying it is to play that much poker.

Mad respect to the pros here who can find the motivation to play poker >20hrs a week and still read and post on 2+2.