View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: AK TPTK - can I lay this down to CRAI on the river?

I agree with others that his line smells like a set or maybe he turned two pair after floating with 89 on the flop. It's unlikely, but certainly not impossible that if the villain has seen you 'getting out of line' by being aggressive with position more than he thinks you should, this could be a move made to look like a set of 8's or 9's. Especially if he's seen you fold to a c/r after being aggressive.

I think you are crossing the commitment threshold as he calls your bet on the flop. Your plan for the hand can certainly include firing a second shell w/TPTK on the turn, but I'm not sure that you would want to be getting committed at this point. You have 100BB stacks with a 3xBB raise pre-flop which puts you in awkward territory from an SPR perspective. When he checks the river, I expect to be WA/WB and not committed to getting the rest of my stack in. I check behind on the river.

If I do feel sticky and make the call, I am hoping against hope that he shows AQ. I also start taking copious notes about the player. You just paid a premium for the information, make sure to get value out of it next time you sit at the same table.