View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: NL400 AK on static board

[ QUOTE ]
That turn card really is the worst card in the deck like you said. As much as I hate it i'm just flat calling the river unless you have a horrible image/sick history vs him which you don't.

EDIT: Just realized you said villan was really dumb, is he dumb enough to pay you off with any king or something even worse like 1010? If so I would valuebet to like 30 and fold if he re-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said he had a really dumb all-caps name (a variation of "DONKEY") which probably isn't very relevant. The river min-bet by itself may be pretty donkey, but it could all be part of this guy's image. It was probably deliberate, also, because he paused for 2-3 seconds before doing it. Finally, I wanted to see the showdown so I could make a note on him and hopefully have better decisions in the future. If he reraises then I don't really learn anything, other than the donk-min-bets are more likely to get 3-bet.

SABR, I understand what you're saying. Do you think that raising is the best line against an unknown?

Anyway, results:

River: ($90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Results: $98 Pot ($3 Rake) (in white)
<font color="white">UTG+1 showed 5c 5s (two pair, Fives and Fours) and LOST (-$46 NET)
Hero showed Ac Ks (two pair, Kings and Fours) and WON $95 (+$49 NET) </font>