View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: 1 Week into 6-max .5/1, some questions.

I'm not entierly confident on my strategy for completing the small blind, it's really more of a smell test for me at this point, so i'll let others cover that. One thing I will say is that I don't agree with some SSH advice with regard to the sb as it relates to SH games. I know it advises completeing with any two suited cards in tight games. Some of the sb advice is premised on the odds you get from the sb when there are 2 or 3 limpers. In a sh games when 1 player limps, I don't think completing with 94s is correct.

As for cc-ing mid pocket pairs, I don't like it. It's usually either a 3-bet or a fold with the about 66 being the difference between the two, this is very opponent dependent though.

Finally, with AA or KK I will sometimes not cap if the pot is heads up. If more than one opponent has committed money to the pot I think you get more value from capping then from deception later in the hand. Basically the only time I won't keep raising with those hands pf is in the following type of situation: I raise from hj, get 3bet by the co and everyone else folds, I will let co have the initiative going to the flop because I think the post flop deception is worth more than the one more small bet I can get pf.

If I am in a steal/defending situation it is also important to keep raising with AA and KK for a couple reasons. First, it sends a signal that you don't take kindly to steals/blind defense (if you don't sd your hand then it's just another hand that you stole/defended tenaciously). Second, your bets and raises are given less credibility in these situations and it's always good when you have AA or KK and opponents aren't taking you seriously. For completeness sake I should also mention that another reason the keep raising with these hands in this, and any other pf situation, is for value.

I don't know how this post got so long. I hope this is helpful.