View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: NL400 AK on static board

I'd just call the $4 bet.

Of the likely hands that beat us, the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn gives KQ two pair, and any FD picks up a flush.

Other unlikely hads that beat us by the river include any suited connector 4Xs and 99 (who called the cb and got luck in the river).

Unlikely hands that might beat us inlclude K9s (2-pair) and JT is a straight, but they would have (should have) folded either preflop or on the flop. And I suppose QQ is possible, but that would have required the unlikely limp/call with it preflop, the unlikely call of the cb, and a very lucky turn card. So, we can probably disregard QQ too.

Somewhat likely hands that we beat the might call a river raise are KJ and KT. But KT should have/would have folded to your preflop raise. That pretty much leaves KJ, and more likely KJs than KJo. As for K2s,K3s,K5s,K6s,K7s, and K8s, I think it's wishful thinking on our part to see villain get all the way to the river with that kind of hand only to call a raise given the paired board with 3-diamonds on it. He'd need to be blind and bad to do that.

Then, of course, there is the off chance that he is bluffing with virutally nothing.

So, if you raise for value, KJs calls, but that is only 4 combinations vs a whole lot of other combinations of other likely hands that beat you. And any post oak bluffs with air obviously fold.

I can't see JJ, TT or 55-88 getting to the river only to min-bet/call a raise. If they get to the river at all, then they don't call a raise over their small lead. And I can't see Qx, like QJs, getting to the river, eithier.

So, I'd just call and expect KQ, a flush, or a lucky 99 pretty often.