View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: AA readless-- 1/2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so readless you dont give an unkown credit with a strong line or is our hand too big to fold given board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree his line is strong, but there are 2 major reasons why I'm getting it in:

1) It's 3 handed, no one ever gives anyone credit. Most people seem to overadjust when the table is short and try to win every pot, raising any pair / any draw.

2) You have AA. I know it's tired, but never folding AA postflop unless it's 100% sure you're beat is probably not very wrong imo.

I would never fold this here vs. an unknown. Given that I'm not folding that leaves two options:

* Calling: Pros: It allows him to continue a bluff/semi-bluff (w/ say 87) on the river. It allows us to get away on a scary river. He might slow down on a scary river w/ a better hand allowing us to see a cheaper SD.
Cons: He might bluff us off the best hand on a scary river. It allows him to get there cheaply if he indeed has some kind of semi-bluff.

* Raising: Cons: We'll get stacked when he has a better hand. He might fold a bluff he would have continued with on the river.
Pros: He might stack off with a worse hand. A lot of people will call all-in here w/ T8 b/c there's still a card to come; they feel committed, they have outs etc. We're never getting bluffed off a better hand.

I probably left out lots here, but all-in all i like going all-in here, I think he often has some kind of 87 As9s type of hand here and will stack off if we get it in now. If he has 2 pairs we have quite a few outs.

Writing this I have to say calling and calling most rivers isn't terrible, but it's v. hard to know which rivers are good and most of the ones where he doesn't improve I don't think we're getting more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH