View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Bankroll beginnings

never played poker before, but with all the talk of warcraft 3 progamers changing to poker (i played wc3 at a pretty high level) i deposited 80$ in november '2006

lost most of it playing various games and then running bad (ofc i played horrible, but i lost like three 90/10's at nl5 ... i still remember the hands [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

decided to be disciplined with my last 20$ and started playing 0.02/.04 limit fullring

in march '07 i was at .5/1, moved to a site with rb ... got pokertracker and switched to 6max, playing 2/4 6max in june and july

in july i was sick of the swings, and i thought (still think) that NLHE has potential for higher $/hour given the same amount of time invested than limit ... so i cashed out most of my winnings to pay for one year of expenses (car+booze basicly, cashed out like 4500€ or 7k$) and switched to nl25

donked around, in the beginning of september i moved up to nl50, played 40k hands, nl100 at the beginning of october, played 40k hands, nl200 at beginning of november, ran sick hot (9ptbb over 26k hands this month) ... 15k bankroll now

so after exactly a year i made 20k$+ from the 20$ i started playing .02/.04 FR limit with ... pretty sweet