View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Fictitious play for multi-player games

@trojanrabbit
After the push is made, there is no value in calling looser (if we assume that looser calling will not effect the pushers future range) - right.

I understand the problem you describe, and its perfectly correct of course. But i still think the NE is not a good solution for "practical use" here, as its so vulnerable to deviations in the callers strategy, while varying the calling strategy a bit is basically EV-neutral.

Considering Spite-Caller vs NE population:
I think Spite callers would only perform better if they also adjust their push-range to be tighter. They give up some EV against the NE players, but perform vastly better against other spite callers. But i guess that has to be tested, maybe im missing something.

[ QUOTE ]
I would use a weighted average, not an equal average, but I don't think it makes much of a difference since the algoritm is so fast and can compute hundreds of iterations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, im using a weighted average for the Nash Calculator page. But in this case i preferred to keep things as straightforward as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]