View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Good Fold or playing too tight?

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would have done exactly what you did... only possible difference is a slightly smaller raise, but likely would have tried to make it as pricey as you did.

BTW, WTH did they have there? KQ and AJ or something crazy like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are exactly right!

However, i was not really concerned about the outcome, since I feel if I am put in this position time and time again, I find it standard to fold to this madness early on.

I find it more interesting that the community thinks that a raise here was bad... I have a fairly tight image at tables, and usually end up showing down worthy hands.

But more importantly is the level I play at. For instance, when I play 20-30 sng's with my best friend, I find those levels much different.

I feel that at the 2dollar level, you have players like myself who are striving to be a winning player, and those who just "flip coins", a common mistake for beginners.

I have been on 2p2 some time now and I really have improved substantially. I have more than doubled my BR since late July and have not looked back.

I appreciate all your thoughts here and put in the same position, may indeed play the hand different PreFlop next time. Being a game of many situations requires constant adjustment and a lust to be a "winner".