View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Washington Post Fact Checker Questions Paul\'s plans.

Grunching a little bit,

I agree with bobman here mostly. It's pretty shameful that with this much money and support and attention Ron Paul is getting he doesn't have a cogent or readily available plan on his policy proposals yet. I don't think it would be all that hard to do either, how many wonks and academics from the Chicago School or Cato Institute would love to have a few of their ideas implemented on the national stage. And Ron Paul should be willing to compromise on his rhetoric a little more, which I don't think by any means compromising on his ideology. He should more willing to state he supports cut backs in the IRS, rather than whole-sale elimination of the agency, which DOES audit and collect corporate taxes, you know. I feel like Ron Paul's political mentality might be a little compromised from all the years he has spent as essentially a fringe representative with very narrow pockets of support. Drafting some realistic, pragmatic policy proposals and toning down the inflammatory rhetoric (and the associated psychological impact of suggesting the elimination of old institutions) would help immeasurably to building a larger base, IMO.