View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Live 6/12: A8 flops a gutter and goes to war

This hand is very similar to the 56s I just put up. Apologies for repetitiveness, but I feel I need to be berated and explanated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Table is amazing. 6 to 8 players per flop. One good TAAG (tight almost aggressive enough), and everyone else is functionally retarded. Player two to my right plays ATC to the turn. Player on his right called a bet on the river holding TT, saying "man that's a bad river card". The river was a T, giving him Tens full and his opponent a one card ace high flush. He flipped his cards over disgustedly and was genuinely confused when the dealer pushed him the pot. Player 2 seats to my left did this: In the big blind, check. Four players go a queen high rainbow flop, checks around. Turn is another Q. He bets, everyone folds, he tables JJ. Looks at me proudly and says "You'd have raised 3 times with that...You raise so much...TT, 99, even 88" as if to say he played it right and I'm the donkey. Then there is "mama", who bets top two only but peels for two bets with any gut shot HU.

On to the hand:

Hero has A8o on the button. 4 players limp in (good TAG has folded) and hero limps. Blinds complete.

7 handed, 6 small bets:

5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (hero has no spade)

Checks around to the CO (new to the table actually) who bets. Hero raises. One idiot calls, CO 3-bets, hero calls, idiot calls. Turn is an 8, idiot bets, co calls, hero folds.

Am I nuts? Did I have enough to pop him?