View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Hi, I would really like to be mentored:

My English is not the best, because I'm German (I don't have that much of an accent as you might think)

1. I read a lot and just recently started posting, because I didn't want to give wrong strategy advice. I have been a CR member for 1/2 a year. I take "lessons" from a friend who plays NL200 sometimes, but he thinks he is bad at explaining, thats why it doesn't happen too often. I discuss hands with friends via e-mail sometimes. I post-analyze my data after a session or after a day. I try to think about situations I feel uncomfortable in and ask friends about them. I constantly think about small adjustments not only to my game, but to my approach on Poker itself.

2. Currently I am trying to beat NL50 (moved up in November). My next goal would be beating NL100, as it would hopefully allow me to pay for my studies playing Poker. My ultimate dream is to buy a nice house from my Poker winnings (I know its far far away at the moment). 5 months ago, my goal was to pay out 150$ Rakeback every month by July 2008, but because I hit that point allready, I want to be able to pay out about 700$ by June 2008 (only using my Rakeback).

3. Playing NL50 6-max, but I have 30 Buy-Ins for NL100, but I want to make sure that I beat NL50.
I have started from 0, building my bankroll through Winnings, Rakeback and Bonusses. I haven't played too many hands (about 100k), but I started at the beginning of the year.

4. Unfortunatly I haven't made any good strategy posts yet.

5. I don't think I am the most talented poker player, but I haven't played for long and made a lot of effort to improving my game. Having a mentor would be an optimal next step for my game. If I became better I would love to give something back to the community, but I'm not really in that position at the moment. I think that from your "MUST have"-List I have everything except for the strategy posts and the long term membership.

I am looking forward to sweating your sessions ;-)