View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 50NL ak top pair vs check raise

I didn't say you claim to have all answers, berge, I think we have different opinions on how to play this hand.
Your remark that we are not deep is correct, but at least effective stacks = full stacks so that's worth a little loose call PF even for a rather tight player.

[ QUOTE ]

Say hero checks behind a brick comes off and villain bets out, can hero get away from his hand? Does he want to get rid of his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't want to get away. We check to call later streets.

This sounds odd to me, allthecheese. What kind of texture has the flop to be for you to CB? Or do you only rarely CB IP? Because basically that is the kind of flop you play AK for, right? Would be nicer if it was rainbow, but if you don't like that flop then I think you should close to never CB with AK when you hit TP.
Plus: checking strong hands to the PF raiser is a usual tactic. Say you check the flop behind, do you only call when villain bets? Or do you raise? Do you go for a river raise if villain bets again and turn and river seemed to be bricks (like no heart)? I can't see how this line could maximize value in any way but I'd really like you to explain this a little more, maybe I'm just not getting the point.