Thread: Staking dilemma
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Staking dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scenario :

Staking team is built of 3 backers, A, B and C.

A has a horse from before the team was formed. Let's say he has 9k in makeup. A wants to bring him onto the team, what amount should B and C pay for this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

the simplest solution if for A to keep his horse separate until A's 9k is made up and then by agreement, horse automatically goes into the group.

B&C shouldn't have to pay a big premium to get any player to stake, unless they both believe the horse is some kinda of ultra-hot commodity and they have to have this guy at this moment.

i understand A would like to get his 9k back, but he cannot expect his partners to assume the 9k loss when they had zero of the potential earlier positive expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]I think bobneptune has it.

A and his horse need to somehow clear the 9k matter between them before A's horse can be in the team.

It seems to me B and C should not become involved in the makeup between A and his horse no more than they would expect a cut of A's earlier profits if A's horse had been in the black at the time the team was formed.

Without the makeup would B and C be paying A for his horse to join the team. The existence of earlier makeup between A and his horse should not affect what B and C would be paying A for his horse to be on the team. That's a matter between A and his horse.