View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 50NL ak top pair vs check raise

[ QUOTE ]
First: raise to 5 is not a healthy raise. In fact, I think it's rather a bit on the small side. As both villain and hero are deep, I don't see why he can not call here with say KJs or JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 BBs is not deep. He made a raise to 10% of his stack. Personally, I would've raised to $5.50, but it's really not worth pointing it out. If he calls pre with JTs, I'll gamble on him not hitting a 3 outer against me if it allows me to PC with medium-strength hand and induce bluffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Say hero checks behind a brick comes off and villain bets out, can hero get away from his hand? Does he want to get rid of his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't want to get away. We check to call later streets.

[ QUOTE ]

Say another heart comes off and villain bets, how can hero know then where he is in this hand? He could be easily ahead and catch villain bluffing but he can't know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? You don't have to know for sure. We never know for sure what Villain has until he flips his hand up. We use ranges and figure out whether we're ahead or not and call based on that. Really one heart is a good card for us. It induces a lot of value from hands like KhKx, JhJx, and we never pay off, obv, when the four-flush hits.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm truely not a big fan of betting for information but the way hero played this hand, he might have easily saved himself a big part of his stack because in the same way our check on the flop could induce villain to make mistakes later on in the hand, it can also induce hero to make costly mistakes later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct but bet/folding could also be a huge mistake if he c/rs with worse. IMO, if you bet, you should be bet/calling.