View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. How you are currently improving your game

I keep a poker journal that I write in after nearly every session. I try to not focus on specific hands or mistakes that I made but rather a general strategic adjustment that I did not make. For example not properly adjusting to a certain player or certain conditions, etc.

2. Your poker goals.

I have been playing poker as my sole source of income for almost 4 years. For most of this time I was a student at university and therefore "needed" to win so that I could live. Because of this I never tried to advance as a player and beat bigger games, even though I always believed that I could. Now I am done with school and have decided to spend the next couple years focusing on getting better at poker.

My problem is that I think over the years I have adjusted to simply winning because I have played against such poor players and have not focused on learning the proper skills that I will need to move up. (Such as: pot control, playing deep stacks, etc.)

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Currently I play mostly .5/1 nl 6-max. I have been playing at or near this level for 3 years, but unfortunately have no records to show for it because my hard drive has crashed multiple times over the past year. I have probably made around 100k since I started playing poker seriously in Feb 2004.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

PM sent.

5. A little about yourself.

I am 24 and recently got my degree and am now playing poker "full-time". I am very determined to improve my game and am hoping that 2008 is a very successful year in terms of both profit and "moving up". I am American but live in Europe and have access to all sites.

I have been a member of 2p2 for a while and even though I don't post as much anymore I still frequently read the threads in both mid and high stakes nlhe.

Improving as a poker player is (I guess you could say) my main goal in life right now and so I feel as though I could be a very active member of such a community.