View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Got company. $100 missing. Here\'s what I\'ve done.

Howard, you already said you aren't 100% sure so I wouldn't say anything to anyone about it, just chalk it up to experience.

Two summers ago we had a family outing at my house, all my wife's relatives. Late in the day her niece and husband showed up after most people left. They both have had coke problems but were supposedly straight at the time.

Well I had my poker cash, about $2000 in my top bureau draw. Sometime during their visit the niece went into the house to use the bathroom and was gone a long time.

After they left, I started thinking about my poker stash and her being in the house and I went to check to see if it was still there and it was gone. My wife was absolutley sure her niece took it and wanted to call her.

I nixed that and said we aren't sure and besides it's "my fault" for leaving the money where someone could take it and that we weren't doing anything. Well good thing because the next day I found the money in a different drawer.

So, I would just forget it. It's not your job anyway to teach this kid life's lessons.