View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Lego Poker training videos....a joke?

I debated on how to respond best to your thread 05, and I'm not sure how to. For what its worth, I do believe I played a bit overaggro in a few spots, mostly because I knew this would be a sample video and wanted to make it interesting. Perhaps I pushed things to far, and should have toned it down a bit, but as the cards fell off, I felt each decision to fire a 2nd barrel was distinctly +EV. As for the 12 beers comment, I'm not really sure exactly what I said, but it may have been a comment because I slightly recognized the name from previous sessions would lead to me to believe he was a TAG. If you have the time or exact quote, I could tell you more. I also was obviously skittish during this. Making videos is not my forte, and I hope to get better with each progressive one. So yes, there may have been some glaring erros, but I would definately prefer you bringing them up to me now so I can do better videos in the future. As for the "kinda tight, kinda loose" I don't use PAHUD a ton, so yes, I don't read the stats quite as quick as I might wish. Also, there is a gray area when it comes to stats anyway.

Piece of Cake - Definately not, as I don't think I'd like to bash my own play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks to anyone who "stuck up" for me though. I obviously do some things that aren't the best at points, and I readily admit that, but at least I got backers!

And 05, as a final thought, one of the reasons my videos might seem a bit "sloppy" while I'm going over a hand is I'm quickly trying to assimilate and say everything about it, and things change a lot. The comment about a board being drawy, well, not so drawy, is because I'm going through all the combos that make particular draws, trying to assess if they make sense based on the person I'm up against, all of that. I'm sorry it bugs you, and I'll, again, attempt to cut that out in the future videos if you still watch them, but poker isn't a game where every situation is just easy to say. Sometimes when I play I just sit there and say hands to myself. Somehow I doubt you want that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]