View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]
1. How you are currently improving your game
2. Your poker goals.
3. Your current stakes and past earnings
4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I want to apply.

1. How you are currently improving your game

I'm currently reading Holdem NL Theory by Sklansky, next on my list is the Mathematics of Poker that I had already received. I play every day, and I try to analyze a few key hands a day for street by street analysis of EV. I try to keep up with the poker software that is in the market that can help me improve my game. I stopped playing other games for fun to concentrate on NL holdem, I loved to play 2-7 lowball triple draw, and I did pretty well on it. I want to write my own poker calculator, combining some features from Equilator, Holdem Ranger and Pro Poker Tools simulator, I'm in the middle of the super fast 7 cards evaluator engine. I've subscribed.

2. Your poker goals.

To be a professional poker player, not more, not less.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Ive started playing for play money, then sold it for 4.50 and went up to around USD 4000 (played from 0.01/0.02 up to 2/4). Then again, went up to USD 1800 and lost it again. And now I've started again and I'm playing 0.10/0.25 with USD 700 (will move to 0.25/0.50 when I get to 16 buy ins). So, earnings are USD 800 total (including my CardRunner suscription that I bought).

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

Equity from playing a small pair against a big pair
Computation of the balanced % of pot bet to be AI in n chunks (chunks in the way Sklansky uses on NL Holdem Theory).

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.

I'm 41, I have a degree in computer science, and work for like 15 years in computer science. Then I moved my focus from computer to investments, and made a Master on Finances. I've invested in a lot of different instruments (convertible bonds, public and private equity), and I see poker both as a pasion and as an investment.

Regards ...