View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: can i sustain my current lifestyle? (workaholic)

thanks for all the comments guys, it has made me think about things.

of course i may completely burn out and turn into a social retard (whos to say this hasnt happened already to some degree?

i also dont feel that your 20-30 age range are the best years of peoples lives, i think generally, people pissfart around and waste these years. i want to maximise my earning potential during these years so i have a large nestegg that can support me when i am 35 so i will never have to think about money again for the rest of my days.

i guess the main answer to why i want financial freedom is that i dont like working. i dont want to work for the next 40 years of my life. i cannot think of one "job" i can possibly enjoy, poker included. i think i just have to get this next decade of working life out of the way.

from my rough calculations, with compounding interest and adding to my investments each year, i need to work pretty much nonstop for 10 years to have a nestegg of around 3 million (not including my house). i cant think of any other way around this without taking unnessary risks.

if you could enlighten me im all ears.