View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: I suck w/ AQ in 3b pots

What's the postflop plan after you 3bet with you AQs it seems like you played it as a pure steal/autoraise due to your hand and/or did not really have a plan for postflop. I think that's the main issue here. Try sitting down and imagining a bunch of 3bet pot scenarios and how they play out on certain flops. I think that helped my game quite a bit.

I don't agree with the "automatic cbet to balance your range" statements. Nothing should be automatic, especially not in 3bet pots. A check on the flop will often get more money out of the 99-QQish kinds of hands or hands that completely missed that might call PF but this is really villain dependant.

Some villains will fold an underpair to the A a high percentage of the time when you cbet but get more agressive after you checked because "you cannot have the Ace often". Vs these villains a check is often good to maximize equitv vs their range.

And vs some villains I don't cbet A high flops in 3bet pots with air either, be it because they call with a wider range of Aces PF IP or because they like to bluffshove any A high flop etc.

p.s.: If you are comfortable with playing OOP you might experiment with calling AQs there sometimes because villain will have weak aces that you crush there often.