View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Re: OOT, I am on quest

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you are comfortable with public speaking and improvisation. I say practice talking up strangers at parties, not running material, but just getting comfortable telling BS and not being embrassed when called out on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I talk, talk, and talk all day...people I know, people I've never seen or met, people I vaguely recall meeting the previous weekend, guys I kinda recognize but don't really know if I had a class with him...or maybe we went to grade school together. Anyways, I am very outgoing...you could probably classify me as the guy who will say nearly anything to almost anyone. (Thin line between that and the guy who says everything that comes to mind to anyone who happens to be listening)

I feel decently comfortable on stage/in front of people(more so than the average person), but it could be better. I'm actually taking a Public Speaking class this semester, so that has been a good experience on a smaller scale than a bar or club.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, find a loyal group of friends to come see you at open-mics. While eventually you'll have to be comfortable in front of complete strangers, it doesn't hurt to have a few people who get your sense of humor, and if they buy alot of drinks clu owners will be happy to have you back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good plan, with the exception of the drinks. <21 FTL.