Thread: .10/.20 pstars
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: .10/.20 pstars

[ QUOTE ]
doug (may i call you doug? i guess doug isn't a very scottish-sounding name. have you ever seen the cartoon "doug"? i'm not sure if they have nickelodeon across the pond, but doug is pretty cool. i liked skeeter better, though; skeeter is the kind of friend you could trade handjobs with.),

if we bet and utg raises, he always has a better hand than us. getting hu with a better hand is rarely what you want. it's *really* not what you want when you have a draw to the nuts. we want to get as much money as possible into this pot. c/r the field is far and away the best way to do this.

(harv's points are interesting about b/3b. but hey harv, how about c/r/cap! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Please call me Doug. I got my user name and my posting name mixed up when I registered and I don't know it there is anything I can do to change it!

I don't mind being HU with a better hand when I have a good chance of outdrawing it. If UTG has JJ, QQ or KK, I have eleven outs. If he raises AK, my ten gives three extra outs if his hand doesn't improve. I just feel that with eight SBs in the pot already, I want to maximise my chances of winning as opposed to increasing the number of bets in the pot. If I can get someone with AJ or better to fold , I am happy. Betting out also has the advantage of ensuring that the hand is not checked round on the flop, which I would hate to see happen. If I am raised, I am perfectly happy to re-raise if at least one other player stays in. If the pot had not been raised before the flop, I would prefer the attempted check raise line however.