View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am personally against hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I assume you are a vegetarian or vegan. Which is fine. At least I can respect the opinion of someone who lives the lifestyle. I still don't understand the anti-hunting people who don't think twice before purchasing their meat on Styrofoam and wrapped in plastic.

I was never an avid hunter but I used to go out for small game - although it's been years since I've done so. I never had the stomach for big game - I simply can't bring myself to shoot a deer or moose. That being said I'm more than happy to enjoy the meat once it's been butchered - even if I am a whiny [censored] when it comes to shooting the animal myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I hear a "pro-hunting" stance like this, it always revolves around the thesis that people hunt to supply food.

It's great that YOU has a hunter ate what you killed (at least it sounds that way) and as far as I know there's no real numbers out there, but talk to any hunter and you'll see just how many people kill for the sake of killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iggy,

I'm not denying that they are out there (and I addressed this point in my second post) but I don't know any of them. I grew up in Northern Ontario about five hours north of Toronto where hunting is a BIG deal. I can confidently say that every hunter I know always has a freezer full of food to show for his efforts.

If you killed purely for sport and left the carcasses to rot you would have a very difficult time finding a hunting party that would take you in. Not to mention there are game wardens behind every tree up here.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. People are charged for poaching and hunting parties are sometimes nailed for having more meat than permitted in their freezers - but these people are by far the minority... up here anyway.