View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

The McNabb situation has been a mess through out most of his career. It seems so much of the city wants him to fail. I hate to bring race in to it, but I can only put it on either that or a a pavlovian "want" for the city for the birds to fail.

While not a precision passer, McNabb has been a top 5 player at his position for the last 7 year when healthy. (Excluding this year) I feel like Phila. fans fail to grasp the huge disparity of talent between Brady and Manning and the rest of QBs in the league. No other consistently winning franchise has been so dependent on the position.

The birds philosophy of personel and cap management that has exposed itself to be virtually "recession proof;" yet this year appears to have just such a problem. It's disheartening, especially considering we never took our big shot with free agency during the peak years.

Edit to Add: I loved Garcia, and took pride over my friens in the fact that I felt the birds still had a chance to make the playoffs when he took over. While he was a great decision maker and game manager, he didn't have the arm strength to consistently throw the 10-20 yard out pattern that is essential in Reid's offense for when teams crowd the short route. New Orleans exposed this to its fullest.