View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: 100NL: Routine overpair shove on drawy board

I like the play because we are beating such a wide range of hands that he could be reraising. I don't ever fold in that spot for 65bb player.

If you just calling on the flop is bad because a lot of turn cards will force you to make a tough decision. While you can lose a lot of value from pocket pairs lower than JJ.

If the guy had 100bb I would be more cautious. And would be read dependent. Most decent regulars realize that they wouldn't get paid off by many worse pocket pairs if they had like 99 and that such a big over-bet would lead to you folding the hands they beat and getting called by hands that are beating them. Which leads to either a higher pp, maybe 1010 or 99, 33-77, and some pair + strt draw combos such as 67 or even 2 pair. I would base my decision on my image and any tendancies I might of noticed. If I notice the player played a draw passive earlier I would lean towards folding and vice-versa.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks fine, i doubt my play would change a ton unless we had >100bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd get less happy about it the closer we got to 100BB. In this spot though it's completely standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be less happy, but still jam over his $29 raise? If you don't like jamming, do you call? Pretend he made this raise and we are both 100BB deep.

[/ QUOTE ]