View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: English-only policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My problem is with the "mandatory" part of it [regarding Spanish skills for a job]. ... As to the OP, I also believe that a business is certainly entitled to require all employees to speak English.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypocrisy ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not hypocrisy, it's common sense. What language are you communicating in now?

I certainly wouldn't hire someone who to work for me who couldn't communicate with me or my customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

But some of your customers speak Spanish so again your logic fails. Or rather you just justified the very policy you are railing against.

Oh and LOL at using what language we're using here on a private poker forum as some sort of point in this debate. Muy loco, hombre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, please quote the post where I said being bilingual wasn't a positive. I've repeatedly said that being bilingual is a plus.

If some of my customers speak Spanish, someone who is bilingual will have an advantage if I require that, but it still doesn't change the fact that the majority of my customers will speak English.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look above at what I quoted. You clearly claimed to have a problem with the mandatory Spanish training for your job. So I already quoted what you are looking for. Read the rest of your post I replied to for the rest.