View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Top pair blind vs blind against lagfish

Have not yet read any replies. If your read is correct, then I think this is reasonable but not great. I think a 40/25 will 3bet AK,AQ, and even KQ often in a BvB battle, so I think those hands can be discounted considerably. Obviously, we are putting him on a flush draw that missed and is hoping to push us off of our hand that is pretty transparent imo.

If he correctly reads you for an ace, then I think this is a terrible bet from villian if he is in fact bluffing. As such, I don't think that this is really a bluff too often. If this is the case, what hands does he take from preflop to the river in this manner? Obviously, j10 makes sense. I think 23 spades makes sense as well. Wow, that really comprises a pretty small part of his range.

Another interesting dynamic would be whether you think he can turn a semi-bluffing hand on the flop and turn like KT spades or KJ spades into a bluff on the river, realizing that it's not good. I'm rambling, I think i'd eventally call as well even though I woulnd't feel great about it, just too many semi-bluffing hands that didn't get there.