View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2 live hand - curious about a read/tell

[ QUOTE ]
I think my biggest shock at 1/2 was the fact that people just had exactly what it looked/sounded like they had almost every time, and would say or do things that 100% gave away their hands before the action was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you found was that in small pots where people had little at stake, that they looked weak when they were weak. After all, if a guy has 89s in a limped pot and the flop is K25r, he's done and he doesn't care if anybody sees it. If he has AKo and raise 4xbb in EP but get 6 callers and the flop is 7s8s9h, then he's pretty much done there too. And he doesn't care much if anybody knows it if he doesn't plan to make a continuation bet into that crowded field of preflop cold callers.

But when a guy has what he thinks is a hand worth felting, and he knows that others are watching, then he will act the opposite of what he has in the hopes that those watching him will misread his holding. Watch guys in big pots next time. Pots that they want to win. They will be the ones more likely to be unconciously acting weak when they're strong and strong when they're weak.