View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: flush draw v. piejay 25/50 HU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vs pie in this spot i think u truly have 9 outs tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy fold vs piejay and only piejay imo (not saying i wouldnt fold it to others, but vs him I think its much much easier fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

so are u betting this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, im betting the turn almost always pretty much for every reason you stated earlier (he peels alot, calls flop a lot then folds turn). From my experience I dont think hes doing this with a combo draw mostly due to stack sizes. Any shove from you puts him in awkward spot and I dont think he even puts himself in this spot 200bb deep with a combo draw. I think this is J9 or a flopped set the majority of the time. Take it FWIW, I have played over 15k hands with Piejay so I have an ok idea of how he plays, but as someone said earlier hes very unpredictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks guys, lots of great responses. I think, while a lot of people said check the turn, I think it's probably something closer to like 70/30 bet/check. I think he folds turn a fair amount of the time and sometimes it's even a value bet. As far as what to do when CRrd, I think this specific player calls off often enough, and checks river on diamond rivers, for example, that calling might even be profitable (assuming he pays off, which he does too much, generally).

I think betting turn here is a more clear decision than whether or not to fold to his CR, which I'm still not sure about.

Seems like shoving is horrendous.

Thanks,
dlpnyc21