View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2: Thought it was a Cooler

i don't think he's loose enough to justify 3beting pre, with the utg limp and stuff its just not a great spot for it

I think its fold~<=call>3bet

I would check flop here a ton of the time, and honestly (and once again since i think karl is a nit and you shouldn't have 3bet him in the firstplace), i'd fold to the shove as played.

And guys, blanket rules about how to play tptk in a 3bet pot are pretty unacceptable critique, and over all are a poor way to justify/condemn ppls play.

Its not "turning your hand into a bluff" if you b/f here. Its extremely conceivable that he c/c's with some part of his range.

I always hate rules like "why'd u XXX if you weren't going to get all in on XXX." Tons of different situations occur in poker, and it is often correct to make a play with the intention making another, but then realizing that the play you were intending on making is the incorrect one.

I was in a session with a coach a few weeks ago where i 3bet an aggro regular with KQs, the flop was Kxx, and i bet/folded. It was the correct play. Obviously on most flops with K or Q i was planning on autobetcalling, but in this spot a fold was good.