View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Having a \"Real\' Job

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get the point of your post. Yes in many situations for people online poker for a living isn't the most optimal decision short term and / or long term. That could be because they aren't good enough, motivated enough, or they have other prospects etc. However not everybody has a good job with benefits down the road available.

I always slacked off in high school and never got good grades or anything, and the rest of my family was not wealthy or anything either, and I had no rewarding career waiting in the wings. So for me, "poker pro" was really an obvious choice and it's worked out well for me. My situation is definitely unique but I think anybody who has a solid understanding of the game and has good work ethic can make a good living from this game, and it's not too hard either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point of my post was that having a corporate job isn't as bad as people paint it to be on here. As somehow becoming a poker pro allows you this incredible freedom for a grinding job (which poker ends up becoming for many.) Yes, my job is difficult, challenging, and frustrating at times. But it isn't like I am unhappy at my job and happy when I am not working. You can be happy in both places or miserable in both places.

I think you underestimate how easy it is to be a poker pro as I probably underestimate how easy it is to make it a decent living in the 'real' world.

Cheers