View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on the Heels thus far--pretty much the best-looking modern-era UNC team at this point in the season. I don't remember the '05 team looking this good. People were discouraged by the Davidson squeaker, but that was a road win against basically a top 25 team sans our starting PG.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's early, but the 2005 team absolutely blew teams off the court with the exception of the Santa Clara game. With the exception of a 7 point win @ Indiana, the 04-05 UNC team had a streak of about 2 months and 15 games when they were winning by 10+ points.

I tend to agree with your assessment that the Davidson win is underrated and that this team has a lot of potential, but they aren't as good as the 04-05 team at least at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with Lurchy that the '04-'05 was lights out. We lost to Santa Clara with Felton suspended by the NCAA for the game.

As I mentioned, I'm going to the Vegas games this weekend but the much hyped L'ville/UNC game may be missing some spark.

[/ QUOTE ]

w/those injuries it probably won't be much as game. if we play them in the tourney as long as louisville's pg doesn't get to shoot 30 free throws we should be able to handle them at full strength relatively easily.