View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: jimmy rollins is a yambag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this isnt the best player award, it is the most valuable player award. THe idea is to win games, and a guy like Hanley on a team that didnt win a lot of games gets less consideration than a guy on a team that does

But i guess this doesnt answer your question does it. My ballot probably would have had Wright 2nd place behind Rollins -- mostly yes because the Phillies won the division. So i guess i am as dumb as the voters

[/ QUOTE ]
If Hanley hit 600 with an .800 OBP 200 HRs and 150 doubles would he deserve MVP if his team didn't win a lot of games?

[/ QUOTE ]

if his team finished 40 games out?
in those extreme circumstances -- probably i guess

the hank aaron award goes to the best hitter -- i dont know why it doesnt get the attention it deserves. and hanley would be the unanimous hank aaron award winner ldo

the mvp -- to me means the most valuable player to helping your team win games. and if your team doesnt win games, you arent that valuable to your team. You may be the best player in baseball, but not the most valuable player in the league. Cause baseball is a team game, and the goal is to win, not put up stats