View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Way-Too-Early NBA Rookie of Year Predictions

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe we just disagree on how good Dwight Howard is going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't disagree that howard will get better

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, are you comparing Durant's future value to how good Howard is right now? In that case you're probably right, but doesn't it make more sense to talk about the future of both of them when they're both very young players?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's my point here. the statement was that durant would not have the level of impact of howard (among others), i interpreted this as being howard's impact in terms of his performance to date. if we're talking about career projections then howard probably projects to be better than durant, but i think this is beside the point. i would still rather have durant b/c as someone said earlier we're talking about winning championships, not jersey sales, or in this case all star selections, double doubles. howard may project to be better than durant, but durant has a better chance of becoming the type of player that can carry a team to a championship (i know, different discussion). imo howard is in the class of player that is very good, but not good enough to carry a team to a ring-- something similar to that gold superstar article or w/e.