Thread: nl2000 KK
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: nl2000 KK

More often I will I check/call the turn. Then I usually bet/fold the river (this can be a problem, however, if opponent is willing to bluff raise blocking bets), or check/call the river.

But, the line you took is fine, too.

I wouldn't fold at the river as played, either.

On the flop, when he floats your cb, I'd put him on ...

missed high cards, like AK or AQ looking to spike a pair on the turn, or maybe steal if you check/fold the turn,

any medium-sized pair (66-QQ) looking to float/steal or float/fold on the turn if he doesn't have a set or an overpair, but looking to call you down (or raise) the turn with a set or an overpair,

top pair (AT,KTs,QTs,JTs,T9s,T8s),

OESD (67s).

Note: QQ might have reraised preflop, but maybe not. KK and AA probably reraise preflop, so I doubt that he has those.

When he calls the board pairing turn, now the missed high cards other than AJ are out. The mid-pairs that didn't make sets are out. And the OESD is probably no longer an option unless he's a habitual chaser who chases straight draws without good pot or implied odds on a paired board. Plus, if he was floating light on the flop, then he'd either fold or make a move on the board-pairing turn. That means he probably has something and is either slow playing or trying to manage the pot size.

That leaves...
QQ-you are ahead,
AJ (or other XJ broadway hand)-you are ahead unless the X is a T,
JJ-you are behind,
TX-you are behind,
maybe 67s-you are ahead.

On the river, I think his range might no longer include the Jx hands unless it is JT. I think AJ, for example, might just check behind for a show down. That leaves QQ,JJ,TX,67s(or other busted draw of some kind) as the most likely hands villain might have. I don't have pokerstove to see if KK vs that range has enough equity to call the river bet, but my gut feeling is that it's just barely enough.