Thread: Razz for Rusty
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Razz for Rusty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against this guy I call all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are there guys you wouldn't call here? If there are, you two probably shouldn't be playing 3/6. Any player at that limit is capable of bluffing the river when they miss completely and are left with a Q low, hoping that you missed your 8 low and will fold a T or a J, maybe a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, SG, that's what I wanted to hear. No, I shouldn't be playing at this limit. But I will be playing at this limit, so I am making forays and trying to learn how it plays. The short time I spent at 5/10 seemed easier to me than the short time I spent at 3/6. But tables have their own character, so, I wondered if the limit was chraracterized by this kind of play or just the table.

Now I see what you meant weeks ago by having to have the cards because you went to showdown a lot. No kidding, huh?

I rarely call in this situation with a T at .50/1 or 1/2. Tens are almost never good. But I knew this guy from other limits and he was always playing crap in the hole and bluffing and losing. And then there was just so much money in the pot and I really did think Rusty would call here.

So, now I know more about how to adjust my game and how much money I'll need and how big the swings are going to be. I had three similar hands at this session, I won twice, I made some money, I got out. But I also only played for twenty minutes and had to reload once!

whew--fun, tho.'

Any other 3/6 comments are greatly appreciated.